Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Up in them Guts. . .


I think when your traveling with a group of people for a certain period of time you create this unspoken bond. It's pretty cool, the push and pull of everyday life is a bit different because no matter what you have to be around each other at some point through out the day. When your touring with a band I think that is maximized because your together most of the time unless you decide to go off on your own, which happens less than you would think. You take mental breaks from each other, but other than that you don't really manage to get tons of alone time.

Today is a day I would rather slip away from a lot of things. I would like to be alone, but I can't. Not because of anyone in the band, things are great in that regard. I am just used to being by myself a lot and we'll I haven't had much of a chance to do that. I also just really need to think about a bunch of things going through my head right now, I feel confused and lost within myself sometimes and well, today is one of those times. Without an ipod I feel like I can't put on my favorite record and slip away. Time to try and focus on my thoughts and sort my head out. Only if I had "Life of a Spectator" by Silent Majority.

2 comments:

  1. hey Rory, it's Barrie from NYC/Generic Insight Radio. Hope you don't mind the intrusion to your blog... I saw the Soul Control pic on Tracker's/PBC blog followers and stumbled over here. I like reading tour stories so I might be checking this out. The Q&A part is a neat idea. Oh, and Life Of A Spectator is one of my favorite records of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. barrie, its on the internet, so i don't mind the intrusion at all. thanks for checking it out. i try to update when i can and when i have things to update.

    ReplyDelete